Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Snakebite

Okay so this is immensely random but 100% true...I arrived full of enthusiasm (heavey on the sarcasm yet again- when will blogger get round to adding tone of voice?) for another night shift last night. During handover I was surmarily advised that one of our residents, who happens to have a teeney,tiny alcohol problemo had been bitten by a snake!!! it transpires that whilst under the influence at a friends house he had been handlng their pet snake, which just so happens to be an illegally imported member of the viper family. The snake appears to have taken umbrage and he has 2 he-uge fang marks on his arm!!!! An ambulnace was called and he was deposied on the pavement outside (since the pet snake is illegal...smart cookies eh?)
Fortunately he arrived at hospital within 7 minutes of the bite and had anti-venom administered which was just as well as he was informed it would have killed him otherwise!!! The bite made his right arm swell up massively and due to the venom being sunk directly into his vein he immediatley passed out....anyway the point I'm meandering slowly towards is that on coming round in the hospital his response was " that's not quite what I expect when I order a snakebite" hahahahahahahaha!!!! HONESTLY..this really is not a joke!!! Sometimes my job fills me with joy peeps:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home