Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Thursday, May 24, 2007

May...be

Well May has been decidely average really until the last few days...specially after the fabulous weather of April,still there is now a kiss of summer in the air methinks...wo-hoo!!!!

So what's been happening on the kimmy-go-round? Well I made my decision to return to Thailand to teach diving again come high season. I am financially no better off than when I stopped living there, due to the high cost of living as a single person in Brighton. So I figure if that's the case then its time to return to what, where and who I love. I miss diving, the lifestyle and my friends there every day. It has defo. been the right decision, I feel as if an invisible weight (or lead soup) has been lifted from me and am so buzzy, altho obviously now I'm impatient;) So am currently in the process of applying for a 6/7 month sabbatical from work, which'd mean I have the option to return here next uk summer and make some cash again if I so please. Having said that once my mind is set that's it, so I'm going even if they say no. Still I'll blather on about work momentarily no doubt (in essence I am sooo over my job now).

Obviously Another highlight for me was Chelsea winning the F.A. Cup and generally having a lovely weekend with the Babe and Sista...cheers guys X. This was made even more enjoyable since Babe is a kop fan and had sent me a somewhat dismissive email about how the F.A. cup this year was just really a play-off for 3rd and 4th places in the Champions League, and them then losing this evening...hehehe!!! At least we got something this season son!!!

Lovely lady Clare has now arrived UK-side and I'm muchly looking forward to some quality girlie time come bank holiday monday...shopping, food, sun, gossip. And we decided to escape to Sharm el Sheik (Egypt) for a week's diving and 5* luxury with Leo and Twila at the start of June so am uber-excited!!!! The 4 of us all back together and diving, hurrah!!!! Should be amazing...especially since I've been totally stuck in diving headspace since returning from Thailand.

An escape from work is sorely required, I have so little tolerance or patience at the moment, and each month await which new policy or pay change or whatever the management will devise to make my job even more difficult. The latest is a decision that when we work overtime on nights we no longer get paid enhancements for doing so, enhancements being applicable to unsociable hours, all od which a night shift is. So I get £12 ish less an overtime shift now than I have for the last 3 years...genius! I remeber an ex-collegue of mine referring to the management here as a bunch of do-gooders that do no good, and sweet baby je-he-sus I agree. The night shift is an invisible shift...most problems, crises etc., occur at night and we get on and deal with it as it happens without the ahem "benefit" of management or admin or extra staff being around. The incidents on a night shift are generally more severe than of a day, yet really none of it actually happens because the day staff and management aren't here, or the residents that cause us constant difficulty at night aren't like that during the day...tossers!!! Getting the picture? Yes Kimi has had more than enough abuse and weak management and its not as if this job'll ever go anywhere...aaaaaaaand breath. Okay mini-rant over.

And lastly welcome to the world Angel Elizabeth, born on 9th May, sawadee ka and congratulations to Mr Boucher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home