Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Straits of Tiran

Thursday 7th June
Straits of Tiran
Dive Site:Thomas Reef
Max. Depth:28.3m
Ave. Depth:14m
B.T.:47mins
24 degrees
Oops and Ouch poorly crackly ears for me!
Bluefin tuna chasing around a school of thousands of fusiliers/rainbow runners. I love massive schools, especially when they adjust to you and you're just hanging there right in the center of them. Lots of Blue Triggerfish too and a curious lil turtle who decided to swim along with us for a good 10 mins of the dive.

SI:1.10
Dive Site:Gordon Reef
Max. Depth:24m
Ave. Depth:13.4m
B.T.: 53mins
Moses Sole, Picasso Triggerfish, Giant moray eel, Octopuses, The ClareWesticus Nudibranch(an amazing find Clare!)...super lovely dive





Friday 8th June
Straits of Tiran

Dive Site:Woodhouse Reef
Max. Depth:31.4m
Ave. Depth:17.3m
B.T.:42mins
23degrees
FREEZING!!!OUCH!!! I was unaware that my nipples could hurt quite sooo much through even 3 layers of neoprene...forget crossing your arms, my hands were firmly on each breasty-dumpling...hahaha! No, this was pretty painful, I became cold and shivery quickly, then felt my back tensing up, the muscles going rigid:( I could have done with some fat insulation, or bioprene!

SI:1.31
Dive Site:Jackson Reef
Max. Depth:25.9m
Ave. Depth:14.3m
B.T.:44mins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home