Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Addiction - part trois. Schm-oking...

Okay, and the final act, yup, have finally reached that point where I want to and therefore will stop this particular addiction. And I want to do it before the New Year resolution crowd...I am not a follower!!!And by advertising the fact, and being a proud bitch I'll have to follow it through eh?

Have quite a few thoughts on the subject, have analysed my addiction, am mentally prepared and ready for action...I admit to experiencing mild excitement and nerves at this prospect and have therefore smoking more than usual the last few days, but apparently I need not overly concern myself with this.

I am pretty good at battling the physical addiction, it is the psychological habit and associations that are the bastard for me personally, the habitually lighting up with a cup of tea, with alcohol, after a meal and when bored...So this week I am shaking up my routine a little, smoking with the wrong hand, making myself stand out in the freezing cold to smoke, basically making it as unpleasant as possible, holding off on the first ciggie upon waking...

A further good reason to start this now, I will prob. have to spend a few weeks alcohol free, as I chain-smoke when I drink, resolve weakens with alcohol so I have a bit of time break that before the drinking season of crimbo!!!

Well, don't want to be preachy, so am leaving it at that and will provide ocassional updates, started taking my zyban on friday, ahve a stop smoking nurse... There is no such thing as just the one...thats what I have to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home