Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Friday, May 19, 2006

OUCH...my feet

Well a fleeting visit it may have been, but Whelk and I had a splendid few days up in the land o scots.

We stayed at a lovely guesthouse in Arrochar, Lochside Guesthouse, which much as the name suggests was located..ta-da...beside Loch Long. I've never stayed in a B&B before and I kind of liked it...found it to be a tad like staying at a super-friendly relative's house, the type of relative that makes you the hugest breakfast ever and chats away like they've known you for ages. In fact it was so like that, that the paying at the end was almost awkward...aah! Great place though, views over Loch Long to the Cobbler, and behind us Ben Lomond, none too shabby.

Walked a lo-hot! Thought we'd ease our way into it but did over 28 kms the first day, over to Tarbet, then to Inveruglas through a glen or two...Attempted Ben Vorlich the next day but a wee vertiginous experience befell my comrade and me, and at about 500metres we cowered behind a rock and agreed it was time to descend hahaha!!

Anyhoo, my muscles are fine, no aches...but my feet are poorly, they took a battering and my precious and so dainty lady ankibubbles are currently strapped up for some support...oh, and my blisters have blisters too!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home