Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Bonnie Land...

It's all somewhat last minute but my favouritist whelk friend and I have in the last 24 hours decided it's time to hit some countryside and do the whole nature escape thang. So we're off up to Scotland this week...muchos excitement.

Gonna get the train up sometime monday (maybe do the sleeper thing) to glasgow and then head to Loch Lomond. We're thinking we'll stay in a B&B up Arrachar way with views over the loch, and do some hardcore hill walking...probably Ben Vorlich from Ardlui, get myself a munro before Gorse Fox does (sorry pa). Some rugged scenery, hills, mountains, forests, waterfalls and lochs sound all rather appealing - wo-hoo!

Thanks to the mighty superhighway/interweb I have buckets of information, maps, etc., all within less than a day. So impressed by this that here are a few quite amazing website links:

www.walkingworld.com

www.visitscotland.com (accomodation, general info., great walk pages...)


P.S. Iain - was gonna be a blonde and say lets grab a beer since I'm your end of the british isles, then looked it up and saw that Aberdeen is about 140 miles from where we're going... embarassingly appalling geographical knowledge of anywhere in the UK. Hehehe!

1 Comments:

Blogger I.Mc said...

Have you thought of going to Skye instead? Its so much better than everywhere else in Scotland.

Something I was going to ask you a while bck but forgot is have you dived at Scapa flow? I bumped into some police diver guy and he spent about an hour recommending it. I think I'd do it, because I'm pretty sure the most dangerous things in the water up here are the locals.

Anyway, I'm in the Manchester at the moment before heading back to Aberdeen for exams.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home