Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Zealand..new coat.

The Silver Vixen (or ma as I like to call her), nipped over to a blustery Brighton during the week, on a mission of great import (I realise this is subjective, but it's also my blog). The mission entailed the locating and purchase of the warmest possible, waterproof winter coat. Perhaps now you see the import, altho I had promised myself I would only endure one winter back in englandshire, it has become apparent that one more is in order, so its best to be prepared mentally, and stock up on provisions and equipment at this juncture. I am a ma-hussive fan of tropical weather especially during the european winter months, I was one of those hideous peeps that email folks back in england telling them that I'm on the beach and its 37 degrees..such exhilarating smugness! I get cold easy, and still await the invention of an electric blanket style winter coat, with down inside...akin to wearing a duvet, or a drysuit filled with hot water bottles. I am willing to be someone's muse...I understand the charger for such a coat could present problems but...

Alrighty...so something somewhere was conspiring to surprise and delight me, for in O'Neill's I happened across a rather lush kiwi-yum! He noticed my tattoos, gave good advice, blah,blah...my ma was there. My ma is ubercool but any ability I had to come out with good lines dissolved in her presence...I felt as if I was about 13 and watching tv with my parents and sex came on!

Anyhoo, we returned to the shop after a wee bite to eat, having decided that that was indeed one sophisticated dowhackey of a jacket. In a somewhat tricky manouevre I had acquired a small piece of paper and pen in a different shopping haven and penned a non-chalant message to mr kiwi, on the off-chance y'know. So after purchasing the jacket of warmth,style and beauty, I attempted to surreptitiously pass him this folded piece of paper, a lil like a dodgy drug deal or something. Actually I felt a bit like an american movie character, slipping some fella my hotel doorkey ;) So, to my horror he started to unfold said message in front of me asking what this was? Slightly embarrassing. I informed him that the general idea was to wait until I had left, so that I could save my blushes, and he could laugh with the other peeps in the shop , or call me later, and I'd still have my dignity intact. O well, too late for that eh? Fortunately he did either a good impression, or actually was pleasantly surprised and excited! He told me that this was all pretty cool, and that he was away for a few days but did I want to go out next week! Aaaah!!!So que sera,sera...he could have been letting me down nicely, but I guess we'll see in the next week eh?

Semi-sitcom tho, I don't know his name, and I never did the dating thing..always just ended up with friends. I've seen what dating is allegedly like if I believe american tv shows (which obviously I'm far too intelligent to do) and I'm not buying into that my pretties...what you see is what you get! But fingers crossed, could be a pleasant diversion for the wintery months, always nice to share a bottle of red with someone. So yup, considering N.Z.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home