Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bida Nai: this was always one of my favourite local dive sites, I almost consider it like my back garden I know it so well. I love the variety within this one site, from staghorn coral, to pinnacles, to wall diving, to fantasy reef and gorgonian seafans about the size of me…something for everyone. It was leopard shark mating season whilst I was over visiting (or the start of anyway..), and as such the leopard sharks had ditched their usual behaviour as bottom-dwellers sleeping and sifting plankton on the sand during the daylight, into active, flirty sharks, twisting around each other, displaying their white bellies…basically there was a whole lot of underwater loving going on, and it’s a beautiful sight to behold. On this particular dive I saw 5 different leopard sharks indulging in this foreplay-like display, gracefully floating, gliding and twisting round each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home