Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleeping in Hammocks...

Well in case it wasn't abundantly clear (or you're slightly slow) I was back in Thailand of late: Phi Phi, Lanta and Lipe for 6 weeks. I had a superb time back in my second home, and am still an islander at heart. The cameraderie and community is so strong...don't think I'm all rose-tinted nostalgia however. I remember and know that at times island madness/fever takes hold, that there are times you wish everyone didn't know everything, but...I still miss that crazy lil island and my peeps there. A couple more higlights...

For the first time in all the years I've dived I dived in a rash vest instead of wetsuit, such ease of movement, the feel and sensation of the 31 degree water... I loved it and am chuffed I was talked into giving it a go!!!!

I also discovered a new found enjoyment of, and appreciation for Losammah dive site, the last site I dived before returning to the UK:(...it was mindblowing and uber-amazing!!! You know how it is when you see something or somewhere in an entirely new light?

Barry – I enjoyed many a sambuca-fuelled evening with the irish pikey, and must admit to muchos respect for his electrical skills (and hidden articles up terribly high above a well-known London landmark and stadium). You are the daddy!!!! The glaring sight of his pastey-white arse having dive-bombed into the pool will haunt me for some time yet...;)











SuperScuba Jon helped me break a hammock with our immense combined obese-esque weight, shared the odd singha and king cruiser cocktail (so named as it gets you wrecked), and offered me a temporary position as his Personal Assistant. I feel his profound loss over his long-owned comfy shoes disappearing, apologies;)If I had the time I'd organise a charity drive to send care packages of carrots, onions and peas over to him since those are the only veg he can face. Thank buddha (or should it be Oh my buddha?)Ya is over and making him her rather delicious homemade chips. Thank you maak maak and long time. Miss him...










Clare one of the best friends you could be lucky enough to meet, and strong beyond belief...I'm so excited you're coming to the uk for summer!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you XXXX










Vix and Fausto – miss you loved-up guys, and Fausto could have been over for years. Fausto...love that you and Cian went up into the jungle bamboo-hunting, Fausto most insistent that bamboo doesn't look like bamboo, therefore they spent an evening hacking at anything non-bamboolike...inspired!!! Vix, always amazing and beautiful...Thanks chick.






Also big up to Johann, Evan, Jamie and Connie at Dusk Bar, and Padrey and Ming at Talay restaurant both up at Sunset Village, Viewpoint resort.

And all the other islanders: Jenny, hopefully we'll get more time together soonest; Neill, keep healthy, and clothed; Toby,X,Donald,Paul,Tim,James,Mark at Tiger and Sports Bar;D.D. obviously; Cian and Lisa; Ya...and all the folks I've forgotten to name...loves y'all.

So in all likelihood and if all goes to plan, I'll sit out summer in Brighton and then head back and work high season on pp as an instructor again!!! Yeeee-ha, Wo-hoo!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home