Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Save the Shark!!!!

My phone rings. It is a chilled out day following a heavy late night at Tiger:

Toby(all breathless): Where are you? Do you know where D.D. is?
Kimi: I'm relaxing in the bungalow, haven't made it out yet, probably same for him.
Toby: There's a shark washed up on ton sai beach near the hospital!!! It's still breathing, I need help to try and get it back in the water. What do I do? Can you come down?
Kimi: S**t!!! Keep it wet, I'll be down soon as, I'll get some peeps...

Kimi phones her mates at Blue View Divers and grabs Evan. Kimi wuns (walks, so fast its pretty much runs) across the island in 38 degree heat, sweating 90% proof from the night before, picturing and planning how to float the shark, what we may need etc.

Nearing Cabana hotel, phone rings:

Toby: Where are you?
I tell him
Toby: What's the date Kim?

Oh yes April 1st!!! April f**king fool!!!!
I am unable to repeat the remainder of our conversation at pretty much any hour, who knew I possessed so many expletives?! As I finish the call Barry runs up, closely followed by Ya, Jon and Cian. Blue View Divers had shut the shop so that all staff could help!! Hmmmmmn...hehehehe!!!

We all then have to walk back past Sports Bar (the daytime haunt and sister bar to Tiger staff) where they are all laughing "ooooh save the shark, save the shark"...buggers!!! They got us soooo good that I couldn't even really be cross, rather had a grudging respect for their ingenuity...(and we got a free beer each for giving them a laugh.)

On a theme they'd also put up a sign outside advertising non-eco friendly tours, "150THB Dynamite fishing on Hin Deang" or " Come spear-fishing in our National Marine Park - Whalesharks, Mantas, Turtles and Dolphins... Boys!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home