Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Queens of Sheba

Well, this weekend I had muchos gay fun attending my first civil partnership ceremony (gay wedding), and although I live in Brighton it wasn't here!!! So Pompey-bound I went (a brief aside... I lived in Pompey when I was insane enough to be married, well actually I lived in Southsea as opposed to Portsmouth but thats only one of those distinctions you make if you've ever visited the place. I have some wonderful friends still there, and they are not the chavy, house rabbit owning type who like to turn the word you, into yous, as in I love yous, how are yous doing...)

So that the groom and groom didn't implode we partook in a few calming drinks prior to the wedding...rose cava and babysham!! hehehe!! and everyone male and female battled over the mirrors. On arrival at the registry office, photos were taken, blah,blah and everyone tried to find a suitable way of wording do we go in the front door or the back door. Then to my utter joy, Mr and Mr, in their white suits with pink accessories (having arrived in a white rolls royce with pink trim) walked down the aisle to the sounds of Abba's 'I love you, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do'...utterly priceless!! Each groom had his own best man (or in Sheba's case Best lady, my fabulous Kitty).

An uber-fabulous day all round, with some truly priceless tunes that had to be danced to given the ocassion. Congratulations Andy and Bob on your big gay day!!! Mwa xx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness me aren't poor people inconvenient!And anyway ever heard of Whitehawk? I used to live in Brighton and it has some of the poorest urban areas in Europe, running a two tier economy of moneyed migrants (mostly from London) and disgruntled low paid locals. Personally I'd take rabbits in Southsea over the tedious 'Brighton cool' wank anyday!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kimi said...

Oh true vitriol and social commentary eh? Perhaps if you read more than this single post before your attempt to cast dispersions on my character you'd be aware that I work with the 'inconvenient poor people' around Brighton..the very homeless, immigrant, substance misusers, people on probation and mentally ill that you referred to.
I've lived in both cities and thoroughly enjoyed both, although the peeps I knew in Pompey were capable of not taking themselves too seriously.
Comment only once you have an evolved sense of humour, or at very least the balls to enter your name.

"tedious brighton cool wank" ???? Now who's lumping everyone into a category.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you Kimi B Ley, dash that anonymous out the water! Quite frankly they sound rather tightly wound with troubles of their own. As you correctly stated if only they had taken the time to read more of you and understood your literature!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home