Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ice Magic

I realise this is very random, and have no idea why I just thought of it (except that I work nights in this country, and your brain goes off at some odd tangents), but who remembers ICE MAGIC? I think it was the 80's, as I remember having it as a kid watching Wogan (never said I had any taste as a child). It was sauce for ice cream, you'd pour it all over and then in a minute or so it turned solid...that stuff was fabulous and uber-delicious!!!! The science behind turning a gooey liquid into a solid,tasty mass of E numbers-joy!!! Am reliably informed it used to make me hyperactive, and I seem to remember it as being quite a treat. I think the plain choclate, and the mint chocolate were my fav.s. It even made a sound, a wonderous crack as you cut through it with your spoon to get to the ice cream....aaah, nostalgia;)

p.s. I believe they had to take it off the market eventually due to excessive amounts of E-numbers and therefore unruly children.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U can still buy something very similar in the big orange/blue supermarket and its called monster
cracking! Uncle Trevor loves it!!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home