Kimi B Ley

From life as a beach bum scuba instructor in a bounty ad., to the joys of englandshire-upon-sewageville...Hugs and I'll blow some bubbles for ya

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Seagulls

Okay, I am racking my brains attempting to work out whether seagulls are a yUK phenomenon/indiginous curse or not. Definitely I never saw any in Egypt, Thailand,Nice or Sweden.

Answers on a postcard please...

The seagulls here are prolific, huge and supernoisy, especially at dawn. Funny the sounds that you mentally link with a place (senses as association in memory)...seagulls for Brighton, bullfrogs for pp in monsoon season, chickens and roosters for pp at dawn.They can irritate the crap out of you at the time but how quickly you miss them.

2 Comments:

Blogger I.Mc said...

Have you ever seen an Aberdonian Seagull?, seriously 3times as big as any of the others around the country and they reckon there's 60,000 nesting pairs too!
Rats with Wings.
I wrote about them a while ago after one of them assaulted and mugged me for an O'Brians sandwich.

There's a good story about them here http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT/stories/storyReader$1759

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kimi said...

Geez...aberdonian seagulls sound the size of a small child!!

I figure they would require quite some intake of baking soda (bicarb.) to make those gulls explode!

To briefly explain, anyone living by the sea should know that if you put some baking soda/bicarb on bread and then a seagull eats it, it ends up exploding...altho I s'pose it could be an urban myth (?)


P.S.(If only the same could be done to small,loud,screechy children)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home